General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role supports the HR department in implementing and administering programs to help improve the employee experience. The contract Human Resources Coordinator performs a key role in supporting the benefits, compensation, HRIS, onboarding and administrative functions of Sage’s HR Department. This position requires a high level of organizational skills, professionalism and the ability to identify employee needs. It is essential for this role to deliver exceptional customer service. This role will last for up to 6 months.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of resolution for HR-related employee requests and questions, providing excellent customer in all interactions with internal clients.
- Coordinates with appropriate departments to facilitate onboarding process, including Finance, Facilities and IT. Ensures all paperwork and processes are completed in a timely manner.
- Conducts HR/Benefits orientation for new hires.
- Create new hire records electronically within the HRIS.
- Produces regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports from HRIS as needed.
- Perform flawless data entry and maintenance of all employee status changes in the HRIS.
- Prepare monthly metrics and trend analysis around HR data such as headcount numbers, turnover, promotions, etc. in collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Coordinators.
- Assist in identifying best practice workflows and streamlining processes to increase efficiency across the Human Resources function.
- Complete verbal and written verifications of employment as necessary.
- Maintain organization charts using HRIS data.
- Track and process tuition reimbursement requests.
- Maintain online personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements, including the creation of personnel files for all new hires. Ensures confidential human resource files and records are current and accurate.
- Complete a variety of HR projects and HR administrative tasks as needed.
- Completes I-9 forms, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective actions.
- Maintains departmental process documents and forms.
- Coordinates and completes HR-related regulatory filings and benefits and compensation surveys.
- Assists HR team with special projects and system implementations.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or education and experience equivalent.
- Minimum of 1-3 years related HR experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Workday experience a plus.
- Must have experience with administrative and operational aspects of onboarding employees in a high growth environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, strong analytical skills, and high level of attention to detail, accuracy and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.