Service-Desk Engineer Level 2
Sage Therapeutics is searching for a Level 2 Service Desk Engineer. This role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks and includes actively resolving end-user IT service requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The Level 2 Service Desk Engineer is also responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a unified endpoint management infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy & Planning
- Evaluate emerging endpoint management applications and technologies and advise IT management on applicability to Sage’s environments.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent recurring issues.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.Acquisition & Deployment
- Track and maintain end user equipment inventory throughout the equipment lifecycle.
- Image and deploy end user workstations.
- Deploy pre-packaged software as needed using automated deployment tools.
- Assist in application rollouts according to change management best practices.Operational Management
- Build, deploy, and maintain automated software delivery packages and workstation images using an endpoint management infrastructure.
- Provide level 1-3 support to end users.
- Record, track, and document the service desk incident-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- As needed, manage Service Desk request queue and dispatch to appropriate resources.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced or difficult-to-solve help requests.
- Build rapport with service desk customers.
- Escalate incidents with accurate documentation and thorough troubleshooting to suitable technician or vendor, when required.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Research solutions through internal and external knowledgebase as needed.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups with end users.
- Develop help sheets, documentation, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Contribute to technician knowledgebase and training as needed.
- Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
- Provide suggestions for continual improvement.
- Provide end user training and new hire orientation as required.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or information technology and/or five to seven years equivalent work experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or other regulated industry.
- Certification in hardware repair, Microsoft technologies, or Cisco networking a plus.
- Knowledge of advanced computer hardware, including laptops, workstations, and mobile devices.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 7, Windows 10, Mac OS X, iOS, and Android.
- Extensive application support experience with common office productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Office 365, Active Directory, etc.
- Experience using the Apple Configurator for configuring Apple iOS devices.
- Extensive experience designing, implementing, and maintaining an endpoint management infrastructure and related images and application packages.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities, including Kaseya, Malware Bytes, Trend Micro.
- Experience working in an ITIL-driven environment and working knowledge of ITIL principles and processes.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues is required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly, business-friendly, and technical language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.
- 40-hour onsite work week. After hours work may be required depending on project timelines and maintenance schedules.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Some travel may be required.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.