General Scope and Summary
This position assists in maintaining a portfolio of contracts and business relationships within the Commercial Organization. This role involves administrative support that requires applying analytical, project management, and systems management skills as well as expertise in computer skills enabling efficient navigation and management of several databases related to contracts/purchase requisitions and purchase orders. The Administrator will work independently to process contracts including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, master service agreements as well as approvals of PRs to POs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Independently review, and process contracts by preparing and comparing incoming agreements with previously executed agreements. Assist staff in to allow timely execution of basic and complex contracts.
- Liaise between Legal, Contracts and other departments as necessary.
- Implement opportunities for business process development and/or improvement of internal processes and capabilities that contribute to successful pursuit of collaborations with vendors and partners.
- Assist in maintaining business relationships with the current portfolio of vendors and partners by working with personnel and outside contacts to satisfy both partner and organization goals.
- Increase institutional knowledge related to contract development and support, including all new systems and processes. Review and maintain familiarity with policies and procedures and assist with implementing changes to policies and procedures. Maintains and develops standards for commercial contract processes
- Provide ongoing support to functions by ensuring timely process updates and delivering information related to contract issues. Meets with functional representatives to resolve issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- BS/BA degree or equivalent and 1+ year of progressively responsible experience in contract development and support, project management, and/or business development.
- Knowledge of basic principles and practices pertaining to supporting and finalizing clinical and/or corporate contracts and agreements in compliance with sponsor, federal, and state policies and regulations. Familiarity with intellectual property, technology transfer, conflict of interest and conflict of commitment concepts. Familiarity with development of research budgets for research projects, as well as with new vendor requirements.
- Knowledge of drug development, clinical operation processes and documentation
- Basic understanding of clinical contract documents including CDAs, MSAs, CTAs, and POs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal/team skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrate professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior
- Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of MS project preferred.
- Established ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously, demonstrated ability to identify and resolve issues, and effectively manage timelines.
- Strong initiative and a can-do attitude, excellent organizational skills, proven effectiveness in a quick-changing, fast-paced environment, excellent people skills, and a proven record as a team player.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage