General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the administration and continued management of Sage’s Workday Human Resources Information System (HRIS). This role will serve as the subject matter expert on all HR systems ensuring data integrity, confidentiality, and successful delivery of HR related programs throughout the year.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Key participant in the development of HR systems to drive business strategies across the organization.
- Participates in and leads cross-functional project teams to provide and implement effective system solutions to human resources.
- Manages the system development and delivery of HR metrics and analytical reporting.
- Oversees development of standardized processes; evaluates current processes and makes adjustment as needed including but not limited to technical processes, data integrity, systems integration and communication methods.
- Provide expertise on third-party interface requirements. Serve as the point of contact for future support for Workday provided by the Workday production support team and both internal and external partners
- Endeavor to optimize and improve the operation and use of Workday for Sage.
- Partner with our HR IT Business Partner in research and resolution of HR system issues as well as testing and implementation of new system functionality.
- Collaborate with IT, Finance, Accounting & Payroll teams to ensure effective system set up and efficient processes both internally and externally between systems and vendors.
- Maintain data accuracy and integrity within system through regular review and audit of data.
- Create and update documentation of existing and new guidelines for operations and system processes.
- Provide training to HR staff and employees on new functionality and updates on existing processes occurring throughout the year.
- Act as a consultant to stakeholders in the development of project concepts by assisting in development of business case, feasibility, scope, resource requirements, and budget.
- Develop and manage core project deliverables including detailed scope and requirements, resource plans, project schedules, risk management plans, change control processes, decision/action/risk/change/issue logs, communication plans, test strategies and lessons learned.
- Facilitate clear and concise status updates for key project stakeholders including direct communications with project sponsors and steering committees.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, HR, or related field
- 5+ years of HRIS experience using Workday HCM modules (Benefits, ATS, Performance Management, LMS, Compensation Planning, Absence Management, etc.)
- Understanding of state and federal employment laws
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to review, analyze, manipulate and present data in various formats required
- Expert level of knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel as well as various reporting tools (Tableau, Workday reporting tools, etc.)
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage to deadlines in fast paced organization
- Ability to work effectively with HR leadership & stakeholders to ensure alignment with business objectives, prioritization, and successful project delivery
- Utilizing proven interpersonal and change management skills, overcome resistance to new processes and technologies
- Self-starter with proven ability to produce positive results under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage