General Scope and Summary
Sage is currently building a world-class Patient Support Services organization as it prepares to launch its first product into the Post-Partum Depression market. This role will report into the Senior Manager of Operations and will play a key role in our vision by developing and leading a team of case managers. The case managers work with patients, healthcare professionals, pharmacies, and various partners to assist in streamlining the reimbursement and logistical landscapes while also understanding and empathizing with each patient’s unique circumstances.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading and directing the work of a team of case managers focused on the therapy initiation activities associated with Brexanolone.
- Act as a leader, coach, and mentor for the case management team.
- Implements new programs and processes with case management team.
- Ensure case management activities are completed on time each business day. Develop case management coverage plans to ensure individual PTO does not slow access to therapy.
- Monitor and coach case managers on process and phone quality as defined in the department quality program.
- Partner with the workforce management analyst to ensure sufficient coverage of phone lines and work queues throughout the day. Monitor queue activity and make staffing adjustments as necessary to ensure patient needs are met.
- Partner with the workforce management analyst to facilitate the PTO planning process and manage the monthly and quarterly vacation bidding process for the patient support services team.
- Partner with the patient support business intelligence team to understand content and proper usage of available reports, clearly articulate the need for new or updated reports, and utilize reports to ensure case management activities are completed as per plan.
- Manage escalations through to resolution by identifying and utilizing cross functional resources.
- Ensure case managers have access to talking points and departmental practices necessary to effectively perform their jobs.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity for program and process enhancement
- Comply with all Sage corporate policies, internal procedures & training, and applicable laws & industry codes in collaboration with Sage’s Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate complex topics in a simple way.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience leading, developing and coaching direct reports.
- Experience analyzing call data and call patterns to generate resource plans.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proven ability to utilize patient services / contact center agent level reporting to drive understanding and results with their team.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with direct reports, peers, managers, and field team members as necessary.
- Experience working in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry is a plus, but not required.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.