About this role:
As a key member of Sage Therapeutics’ Human Resources team, you will lead Talent Acquisition for Sage’s Research & Development efforts.
As a company ambassador, you will be responsible for articulating Sage’s value proposition to the biotechnology marketplace and scientific community. You will lead a talented team of Recruiters, Sourcers, and coordinators and partner with our world class research and development team, technical leaders, and hiring managers to understand their particular organizational needs, drive recruiting pipeline, implement best hiring practices, and provide transparent and consistent updates on recruiting progress.
You will be accountable for meeting the hiring goals and objectives for the Research and Development organization at Sage Therapeutics.
Partner effectively with hiring managers and leaders to drive a world class approach to recruiting top scientific and technical talent in a competitive market, with an emphasis on:
Establishing self as trusted partner and point of contact on talent acquisition related matters for the organization.
Leading and developing great teams of people
Developing and executing creative and sustainable sourcing & recruiting plans for open positions and key technical skill sets.
Build talent pipeline and candidate channels for key positions and skill-sets.
Ensuring a World-class candidate experience while managing the source to offer strategies for candidates.
Organizing and leading hiring teams and providing consulting expertise to client groups on best practices in Interviewing & Selection
Making continuous improvements and recommending new and creative recruiting ideas.
Implement and maintain scalable, repeatable, and measurable hiring practices with various hiring managers and teams to ensure hiring goals are met.
Ensure and maintain the data integrity of the Applicant Tracking System (ICIMS) to manage candidate pipeline/status and report accurate data and metrics.
Provide insight and metrics to measure effectiveness and influence data-driven decision making.
Provide updates to clients and key stakeholders on recruiting status and results.
Manage outside vendor relationships as needed (agencies, etc.).
Mentor and guide other members of the talent acquisition team through entire recruiting lifecycle as needed, while also managing/holding requisitions
Partner with Vice President of Global Talent and other key stakeholders to drive and align world class talent and human resources strategies as part of Sage’s mission to improve the lives of patients with CNS disorders.
Skills and Requirements:
- 8-10 years experience with a proven track record in recruiting world class technical or scientific talent in a fast paced and scaling high growth company in a competitive market.
- Experience implementing a wide range of cost-effective sourcing and recruiting programs within a bio-pharma or high tech focused company.
- Data and Analytics are your friend, and you love telling stories with it.
- Strong customer consultative skills and ability to influence, with an emphasis on tact, transparency, and diplomacy.
- Must be self-motivated and operate with a high sense of urgency while also effectively work well within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize/organize and work well in an ambiguous environment with ever changing and competing demands.
- Passion for technology and recruiting with a deep understanding of the talent marketplace and trends is required.
- Superior negotiating and closing skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency with MS office is a must, especially powerpoint.
- Experience with recruiting information/applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- BA/BS degree highly preferred
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage