General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a highly motivated and experienced individual for the position of a Senior Manager, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR). The Senior Manager, HEOR will support health economic and outcomes research activities in support of products within SAGE’s portfolio. The Senior Manager will report to and work closely with the Director, HEOR to design and implement studies that are aligned with the data generation strategy for assigned indications within SAGE’s 217 portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the development and implement the evidence strategic plan for assigned indication within SAGE’s 217 portfolio, including studies on burden of illness, real-world clinical outcomes, epidemiology, quality of care, and unmet need.
- Design, implement, and manage outcomes research projects, including but not limited to retrospective database analyses, economic models, & chart reviews.
- Execute research using claims, chart reviews, MEPS, HCUP, literature, registries, government survey data, and other resources to summarize epidemiology and disease burden and unmet needs
- Support and develop relevant sections of study concept documents, study protocols, statistical analysis plans, clinical study reports and other development documents.
- Manage a network of consultants and/or CROs to execute planned HEOR deliverables.
- Represent HEOR on cross-functional internal teams.
- Present health outcomes research findings at scientific congresses and participate in the development and writing of manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Conduct literature searches and systematic literature review projects; participate in development of relevant meta-analysis, systematic review, utility measurement or other outcomes research
- Maintains broad knowledge of HEOR methodologies. Can independently interpret data and make recommendation on next steps.
- Competent in managing multiple projects using a variety of HEOR methodologies and across therapeutic areas.
- Broad understanding of US or European reimbursement systems.
- Inputs into departmental budget and planning.
- Contribute to relevant documentation for HTA submissions.
- Assist in coordinating publications plans for dissemination
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills. Excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- At least 3-5 years of HEOR experience in the pharmaceutical or related industries (e.g., consulting) with advance degree in epidemiology, health economics, pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline (MS, MPH, PharmD, PhD).
- Ability to communicate technical scientific data to internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills, including in-depth knowledge of epidemiology, PROs and claims database analysis methodologies.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Experience in managing multiple projects across a variety of health outcomes methodologies and therapeutic areas.
- Ability to travel approximately 10-20% time.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage