General Scope and Summary
Sage Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role that is responsible for the information, systems, and processes used by our Commercial business group in support of Marketing. Under general direction, this individual plans, implements, and maintains corporate commercial applications software and systems. This includes performing administrative and management tasks to maintain application operation, install new systems, develop reports, support ancillary software, and maintain system compliance, security, and performance. This position will serve as the primary interface with system users, and vendor contacts, and will assist with the operation of systems for patient support services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitors and controls the performance and status of corporate business applications used for providing services to Sage’s Marketing Team, including Veeva Marketing Cloud and other applications.
- Utilizes software development, extraction, and analysis tools to aid users in reporting commercial business information.
- Provides administration and supports operation and use of off-the-shelf commercial analysis tools and basic server database engines.
- Act as liaison for outside vendors and consultants during installation, support, and training, of application software.
- Monitors software requirements, determines application utilization, and recommends system upgrades/enhancements as needed.
- Monitors and responds to application problems using appropriate problem determination tools; tracks problem occurrence and resolution; identifies, diagnoses and repairs complex problems; interfaces with vendors for problem resolution and escalation.
- Provides project leadership in planning, design, implementation and support of business applications; insures interface with existing application, network and operational server environments.
- Develops and implements operational standards and procedures for commercial applications, including those for performance, backup, and security. Interfaces with operations staff for development and monitoring of off-hours and special procedures.
- Performs administrative and management tasks required to establish and maintain compliance with various regulatory standards.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- B.S. in Computer Science, or related technical field or equivalent experience required; Graduate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a commercial pharmaceutical applications support/development environment, focused on Marketing Services, in a complex publicly-traded company.
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge of Marketing and Content Management systems, development and support techniques, including specific experience with cloud-based applications.
- High degree of technical expertise and extensive knowledge of data reporting and formatting tools.
- High degree of expertise in project management related to the selection, installation, and management of application software systems.
- Competent in operation of Windows-based PC’s, and basic familiarity with networked application environments.
- General direction; works independently. Errors can cause substantial delay, expense, and disruption of significant portions of the company's IT operations.
- Provides application implementation guidance to desktop support specialists, network engineers, and server administrators.
- Provides training and software development assistance to users.
- Supervises contractors and service providers.
- All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Sage is considered confidential.
- Fast paced office environment handling multiple demands. Must be able to exercise appropriate judgment as necessary. Requires a high level of initiative and independence. Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Requires ability to use a personal computer for extended periods of time.
- Work hours may include meetings schedule outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours. Occasional travel may be required.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.