General Scope and Summary
Sage is currently building a world-class Patient Support Services organization as it prepares to launch its first product into the Post-Partum Depression market. This role will report into the Associate Director of Patient Access Services and will be on-site at the Patient Support Services main office in Raleigh, NC. The role plays a key role in our vision by ensuring patients have a clear, consistent, and positive experience with Brexanolone via our Home Infusion Pharmacy (HIP) network. The Manager will be responsible for managing the operational day-to-day relationship with the HIPs, working directly with the HIPs to implement and execute patient support programs, and managing the day-to-day performance and metrics. The Manager will regularly interface with department leadership and market access colleagues.
The successful candidate is a talented cross functional leader, who has a demonstrated track record of successfully working with home infusion and/or specialty pharmacies in rare, orphan, and/or specialty markets. Critical to success in this is the ability to partner with and build key relationships within pharmacies allowing the individual to quickly navigate and mobilize resources to resolve escalations and process barriers which would otherwise slow the patient’s path to therapy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Own the day to day operational relationship with the HIPs
- Measure and analyze key performance metrics related HIP execution and quality
- Implementation of patient support services initiatives and programs with HIPs
- Day to day liaison with patient support services case management leadership
- Provide regular updates to department leadership on HIP performance, as well as coordinate and facilitate quarterly HIP QBRs in partnership with market access colleagues
- Participate on weekly field access related teams and identify areas of opportunity and/or challenge
- Partner with legal and compliance teams to ensure programs are compliant and evolve as needed based on new laws / regulations
- Work closely with patient support services, market access, and IT colleagues to ensure data exchanges with the HIPs are timely and accurate
- Own and resolve HIP related escalations
- Communicate to patient support services leadership key operational events and HIP challenges as they arise to ensure effective business understanding and/or necessary coordination and adjustments
- Develop content for, and participate in, patient support services Quarterly Business Reviews
- Comply with all Sage corporate policies, internal procedures & training, and applicable laws & industry codes in collaboration with Sage’s Legal, Regulatory, and Compliance
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; strong analytical skills, and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a patient services team in the healthcare or pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience working directly with specialty and/or home infusion pharmacies.
- Solid understanding of the healthcare environment specifically in the area delivering services to Health Care Professional and Patient customers.
- Solid understanding of health insurance and benefits, Medicaid, co-pay and PAP programs, home-health / nursing services.
- Experience in new product launches preferred.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems. Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and application of Microsoft Office Applications including Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Word. Tableau experience a plus
- Results oriented, self-organized and self-starter with a proven track record of results.
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Desire to innovate and work in a fast-paced, energetic environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to Travel up to 10-20% for key meetings and customer / partner relationships.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.