General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important leadership role in driving the global commercialization of Sage-217 in Major Depressive Disorder.
Roles and Responsibilities
This leadership position will support the global commercial launch of Sage-217, an investigational compound for the treatment of Major Depressive Disorder and Post-Partum Depression. The responsibilities include supporting the execution of the Global Commercial vision, shaping the strategic direction through customer insights and developing innovative global resources. The individual will have the proven ability to work effectively within cross-functional teams including market research, regulatory, regional affiliates, market access and value, medical affairs, and legal to successfully launch global products.
- Lead the development of global strategy for the Major Depressive Disorder indication
- Coordinate cross-functional pre-launch, launch and post launch plans with key stakeholders (including Medical, Managed Markets and HEOR) for inclusion into the integrated global strategic plan
- Lead the development of the global launch campaign and associated core resources based on key regional input, initially U.S. and EU.
- Lead the development and management of unbranded campaigns for SAGE-217 across specialist, PCP, and patient segments
- Lead and synthesize market insight with key markets and provide framework to (1) inform strategic decisions; identify key business drivers and barriers, go to market plans, organizational capability and resource needs; and (2) support flawless execution (e.g. segmentation, behavioral objectives by targets, positioning, messaging, branding etc.).
- Drive strategic deliverables on-time and aligned to strategy
- Monitor global strategy implementation locally, and adjust accordingly
- Ensure key strategic issues are identified and addressed to maximize value of the asset and work closely with the regional affiliates to address any commercialization issues
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA or science degree preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional biotech/pharma industry, preferably across multiple geographies, with a mix of global and U.S. marketing.
- Minimum of 3+ years of direct global launch team experience; prior sales, U.S. or ex-U.S. in-line marketing a plus
- Prior experience developing strategic brand plans (global or regional) and successfully guiding the execution of such plans at the regional level
- Experience in CNS disorders a plus; particularly Mental Health Disorders
- Demonstrated Strategic and Analytical skills including Forecasting
- Leadership skills, including a passion for working within multiple teams and proven ability to achieve results in a matrix organization
- Consistently and systematically collaborates with internal stakeholders to plan approach to bring meaningful value to healthcare providers
- Experience working with all levels of management and regional affiliates and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes
- Can successfully navigate dynamics and relationships across departments and regions to translate into strategies
- Attention to detail and the ability to work with urgency individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors
- Clarifies areas of ambiguity, identifies possible barriers to success, and creates clarity for others to make decisions
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 35% and regularly attend congresses, advisory boards or visit regional affiliates
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun