General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, analytical, and customer focused team player to play an important role in ensuring that patients have access to the SAGE portfolio of products. This role will focus on the development and implementation of Pricing & Contracting strategies that maximize revenue & profitability for SAGE. The Director, Pricing & Contracting will be a key contributor to development of early Global List and Net Pricing Strategies, leading pricing research and conducting analysis to ensure optimal go-to-market Pricing. To be successful in this role, the individual will be self-motivated, able to work well in cross-functional teams, and must have a strong work ethic and integrity. Additionally, the individual must possess outstanding communication skills (both verbal and written) and be able to build relationships and influence decision-making, while managing tight timelines.
The candidate will be expected to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic, and nimble environment of an emerging start-up company that depends on strong links and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in the office, in the field, and globally.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partner with internal key stakeholders to maximize revenue potential of the products at both Global and Regional level by developing pricing strategies that reflect the clinical value of SAGE assets
- Lead pricing research projects from early stage to pre-launch
- Develop scenario analysis based on research results to illustrate the impact of different pricing decisions on access and uptake
- Develop contracting strategies, both financial and value-based, that are best suited for the attributes of each brand
- Collaborate with countries to monitor/forecast future price events as well as accurately maintain referencing rules for SAGE assets
- Provide support to countries with business case preparation and financial impact analysis (incl. P&L) for launch assets and effectively coordinate pricing exception requests
- Develop ad hoc dashboards and trackers to monitor performance and price realization
- Ensure price governance processes are effective and efficient, and that a proper internal control environment over processes and data is maintained
- Provide training to countries on Global Pricing Governance, including ownership of process design and implementation, development and monitoring of pricing-related KPIs
- Secure Best in class pricing tools to optimize pricing analyses for the company
- Assess price potential and business opportunities with regards to medicines under development
- Partner with Finance and Forecasting to leverage best practices during internal forecasting processes
Experience, Education, and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree in Business or an analytical field is preferred
- 7-10 years of analytical experience (Pricing / Business Analytics / Business Insights / Finance) in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Possess a high level of knowledge of the Market Access field in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong experience of pricing analysis, including evaluation of business cases, development of financial models, and new product pricing
- Must have a firm understanding of the healthcare marketplace and demonstrate strong business acumen including a solid understanding of the way various channels and customer types make money and create value
- Highly motivated, decisive and results-oriented individual with the flexibility and creativity to excel in and contribute to a rapidly growing company.
- Able to earn the respect from peers as required in a matrixed organization, capable of highly-independent work as well as being a team player and role model; a key ability for success is to interface with clinical operations.
- Be a diplomatic professional, ‘clicking’ easily with the company and leadership, with the foresight and savvy to contribute to the corporate goal of becoming a leader in CNS disorders and bringing medicines to patients.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, identify and resolve issues.
- Ability to influence without authority, lead change and manage resistance to change.
- Must be able to solicit information, persuade others and shape outcomes.
- Embrace our core values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, and Work Fun.
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage.