General Scope and Summary
SAGE Therapeutics is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for an important role as Associate Director, Data Insights and Excellence in the Compliance function. This is a role for someone who understands systems, loves data, works well with others, and is equally at ease when designing creative inquiries to drive novel insights as when producing standard reports for management on a periodic basis.
It is essential to this role that the candidate works well with people and technology in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The position requires individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence that is coupled with a flexibility to adapt to business needs.
The successful candidate may or may not have previously worked in Compliance and some of their experience may also be from outside the biopharmaceutical industry. But they will have a creative and robust approach to data-driven insights, the highest standard of integrity, be mature and circumspect about confidential information, and be passionate about the role of Compliance in the organization. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as is the desire and ability to excel in a multidisciplinary environment as an integral leader and member of project teams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and execute queries to derive insights from multiple data sources to identify trends in business conduct.
- Maximize the value of data aggregation and visualization tools to develop and communicate insights.
- Work across diverse systems and data sets to identify real-world intersections of teams and behaviors.
- Analyze and interpret information in collaboration with others to assess activities and align resources, often making judgements in the face of incomplete information.
- Proactively engage cross-functional teams to understand business questions/objectives, identify information and data sources that are currently available, and execute against a team-aligned methodology.
- Monitor business activities through observation and checklists, including real time event monitoring.
- Present detailed quantitative analysis and qualitative insights to senior management.
- Leverage knowledge of systems and data to support operations of the Compliance function.
- Manage vendors to deliver technology solutions and data utilization in a cost-effective way.
- Must thrive working in a fast-paced, innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
Experience, Education and Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- BA or BS required, MBA or certification in a related skill a plus
- 6-8+ years of experience in data systems and analysis, preferably within the biopharmaceutical industry
- In-depth knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools
- Familiarity with the laws, regulations, and industry guidance that affect the biopharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of global spend transparency-reporting requirements (e.g., US Sunshine Act, EFPIA disclosure code) and familiarity with the data collection and reporting systems that support meeting these requirements
- A natural team player with effective organizational, interpersonal, communication and managerial skills who is able to motivate and inspire others
- Demonstrated leadership of projects or teams in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated technical proficiency, creativity, independent thought, and ability to effectively collaborate
- Embrace Our Values: Put People First, Do Big, Be Accountable, Grow through Learning and Change, Work Fun
- A personal and professional commitment to do the right thing in every situation
- Excitement about the vision and mission of Sage